Ready or Not?

I'm ready to dive head first into that giddy feeling. I'm ready to be so excited over something stupid that I can't seem to wipe that silly grin off my face. I'm ready to be infatuated. I'm ready to lay in my bed knowing I should get off the phone yet not wanting to miss a single word. I'm ready to hear a song on the radio and have an instant memory of his hand holding mine. I'm ready for the first kiss, and the second, and the third. I'm ready for his hand to softly caress my face and push away that stray hair that always wants to fall in my eye.

I'm not ready for the rejection I may have to face. I'm not ready for the awkwardness of the first date. I'm not ready for the uncertainty. I'm not ready to get in a fight and stay up all night wondering if I've made a mistake. I'm not ready for the possibility that he may not be the one. I'm not ready to have my heart broken. I'm not ready to face the fact he may not exist. I'm not ready to be ready. I'm not ready to settle.

There is no "HE" in the picture, but I'm ready for him, and that's scary. I keep telling myself I'm not ready so that I don't feel bad that I am ready and he's not here.

I'm ready for people to stop saying...He'll show up. I'm ready for him to be here!

Comments

the lizness said…
the giddiness - is awesome. I want that for you too!

Popular posts from this blog

The Hurt and The Healer...Collide!

The Next Chapter

No Greater Love