Lies and Truth!

I'm not a liar! I promise! 3 days later is more consistent than earlier this year! I'm going to do better...trust me! On to the post...

God is really doing some super great things in my life right now. However, he's doing it in some extremely unorthodox ways. Actually, if you knew all the details of what's going on right now, you'd probably think "You say this is good??" But the lesson that I'm learning through it all is so powerful.

I wish I could lay it all out here for you all, but unfortunately, I can't. I can tell you a few things though. First, I did conquer the unconquerable boy. (See blog entries from "A Month in My Life") Not just because he ran back to his ex-girlfriend, but because I honestly know that God had something else in store. I felt that going into the whole thing, but sometimes I need reassurance, and I got that too! Sunday night I was in the altar praying and my Pastor came to pray for me. He told me that I had the spirit of Esther and that I was called to the kingdom for such a time as this. The reassurance I got was when he told me that God has been keeping some things from me in order to prove that He was my Lord. I instantly knew that unconquerable boy was one of those things. I knew that all along, but it was nice to actually hear it said.

Some other things that are not so hot have been going on around me also. I really wondered how I had gotten in the middle of things considering that I actually had nothing to do with the situation. I was praying about the situation and doing some talking with God. He let me know that the whole reason why I was aware of the ordeal was so that God could prove himself to me. God was giving me a glimpse into His purpose and plan. As a result of this, I'm seeing things that have happened 5-10 years ago now coming into play. There were times when I questioned God, why He wasn't doing something about a certain problem, and now I see why He didn't. God was playing chess, moving people into positions that didn't make sense at the time, but now He is ready to call check-mate.

I'm standing in awe of God's greatness. He really, honestly has this whole world in His hands! I'm looking at people and situations completely different now. Instead of getting angry with God because He hasn't moved when I thought He should, I'm saying, "God, I trust you." That's a HUGE step for me!

Comments

the lizness said…
Trusting God - it is a huge step, but so liberating! :) excellent post.
Ashley said…
Kim,

Since I have a pretty good idea of who unconquerable boy is....let me say how proud I am of you and the decision you made. I definitely think it's the right one. I know that God will bless you abundantly above all you can ask or think.

Love ya,

Ashley
Tersie said…
Another beautiful post! I've been going through my own struggles and learning to trust God as a result. I don't believe it's all God's doing, however. He wouldn't put me through as much horrible pain as I've been through lately. But He is there to pick up the pieces and to help me grow stronger and closer to Him than ever. Keep your faith and your eyes on the Prize. You're a treasure. :)
Anonymous said…
It was an incredible service, so much so it was the one where we started over. I'm so proud to call you my "friend." I think i love you now more than ever! Thank you for standing for what you believe and being there for me! LOVE YOU!!

Popular posts from this blog

Where? When? Here! Now!

The Hurt and The Healer...Collide!

The Next Chapter