The Drama Continues

So maybe avoiding you for a few weeks made you realize that you miss me. I expected that. What I didn't expect you to say "I ain't playing no more. I'm trying to be serious now. You know how I am, but I'm trying."

I don't know how to take that. I mean, I'm glad. I've wanted you to say that for a while now, but what does that mean exactly? Does that mean you want to take it slow, does that mean you want us to be together? Or is that something you just said and will forget about next week.

And if I knew at the end of the night you were going to say that, then I would have been more honest instead of aloof. I couldn't open up thinking this is going to be the same as last time: me saying a bunch of stuff and you acting as if I never said anything.

And now this other guy is wanting my number, and I'm not really interested in him, but I figure I could give him a chance if there is no chance for us. Because I can't sit around and wait for you forever. I did that with Unconquerable Boy and now he's getting married to someone else. So should I just throw it out and risk you thinking I'm giving you some ultimatum or taking things you said way out of context? Or, should I not tell you, go out with the guy and risk you thinking I'm not interested?

I think I'm doing too much thinking. I should just sleep on it and pray on it, and let God work it out.

Comments

i think you are doing "the rules" and don't know it, lol. keep being aloof. don't help him. make him work for it. you'll either move on and find the right guy, or your moving on will kick this guys butt into gear. and no, i hardly ever take my own advice. ;)

Popular posts from this blog

The Hurt and The Healer...Collide!

No Greater Love

The Next Chapter