Expecting Nothing Now

I'm still working on some things....like lowering my expectations of others.

You said you wanted to hang out and see where it progressed. I was cool with that. I didn't even mind being the one to initiate the hanging out. I thought things were improving, drastically. You were the one that "missed me." You were the one that "was trying."

I realize that you are a great person, but you suck at relationships. And I realize that this isn't a steady relationship but whatever it is...it sucks. I'm trying to be patient because love is patient, and I know that you have issues. But "Made of Honor" is a movie! I'm not waiting around for you for 10 years to get your act together.

So why did I expect any more from you? Why did I get my hopes up?

Comments

uh oh. um....i know it's hard, but initiate NOTHING. if he is trying, he will initiate. do not allow him to be lazy in this situation or you could end up back at start. if he doesn't initiate, then you know he isn't trying and that will hurt, but it will give you your answer.
chantell said…
Kim, totally off the subject at hand, but I just wanted to tell you EXCELLENT article at 90&9. I know you posted similar thoughts on your blog, but it was awesome to see them in article form and posted as the cover for this week's edition!

Popular posts from this blog

The Hurt and The Healer...Collide!

No Greater Love

The Next Chapter