Weekend Wrap-Up!

  • I chaperoned prom Friday night. I couldn't help but smile when I looked at all the kids laughing and dancing. Although it was just a few years that I was at my high school prom, still the day seems so far away. I remember being just like those students thinking that I had reached the pinnacle of my life for the moment. And now looking back, it's nothing more than a vague memory.
  • I left the prom and headed to a friend's house. Her children attend the school where I teach, so I helped her and other parents prepare breakfast for all the kids. About 3:00 AM, 50 plus students arrived. Some were drunk, some were fighting with their boyfriends, one was even sobbing, but overall they seemed to have fun. And they all made it home safely! I got to bed about 5:30 Saturday morning. I still have yet to recover from the lack of sleep.
  • I saw a guy I graduated high school with Saturday afternoon. We briefly caught up with the latest on who's gotten married and who moved where. He told me that he always thought I was a pretty, sweet, and smart girl and he was so glad I was doing well. It made me feel good to know that I was remembered in that way!
  • Saturday night, I went out with a friend of mine. We ate dinner with his friend and his friend's girlfriend, then we went caught a movie. We watched "Made of Honor" which was very good but very ironic at the same time. The movie is about a this guy who's best friend of 10 years is a girl. He dates all these other women but he always goes back to his best friend. She goes off on business for a few weeks and comes back engaged. He realizes he's in love with his friend, and he tries to stop the wedding. So why so ironic?? I'm sitting there watching this movie with a very good guy friend. We've known each other for over 2 years, we go out together all the time, yet we aren't dating. Hmm??
  • I spent Sunday with Mom. We at dinner and then my brother and I took her to the movies to see "Made of Honor." It was still good the second time around! :)

I promise something deeper next week. I still haven't gotten my schedule adjusted since moving out. It seems I have less time than ever!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Hurt and The Healer...Collide!

No Greater Love

The Next Chapter