Painfully Fabulous

I have had the humbling opportunity to know that every guy I've ever dated or was interested in is now married or engaged. All of this has happened while I've been still single.

To be honest, I never celebrated the fact the guy was getting hitched while I still had no one. There were a few times I cried, not for the guy, but for me. Every time the news came, I never said "He should have married me." Once glance at the happy couple in their wedding pictures, and I knew I was better off for not being the one getting married. I'm not saying all these guys were jerks and I deserved better (though some were and I sometimes did), but I have seen that every guy who I thought was THE ONE was not at all what I needed in my life.

I ran across this quote today by CS Lewis and it went right along with what I wanted to blog about today...
"We're not necessarily doubting that God will do the best for us. We are wondering how painful the best will turn out to be."

I know deep in my heart that God wants what's best for me more than I want it for myself. However, there are times where getting to the best is down right painful. Waiting around for THE ONE to come, while everyone else seems to be pairing off right and left, is hard. It hurts. Dealing with death and the loss of friends is difficult. The grieving process can be a lonely road, but all these things lead me down the path God has paved for me. Walking another road may seem easier, but the end will not be near as fabulous.

Comments

'b' said…
i'm in love ... i'm about to get married in 49 days ... and i couldn't be happier. but i don't think i believe in "the one."

had i chosen a different lot in life, or had my fiance made different decisions for her life, then i don't know that we'd be together. i have no doubt that she is a help mete for me, that she's measured for me and has strengths for my weaknesses, but to say that she's the only girl that i could ever have been happy with, i just don't know.

now, where i'm at now, i'm totally in love, and i wouldn't trade her or my relationship for anything. but i've never believed in "the one," and i don't think i ever will. love is a decision, it's a decision you make every day, and it's something you choose to do.

Popular posts from this blog

The Hurt and The Healer...Collide!

No Greater Love

The Next Chapter