Beating up some Insecurities

I've learned that one way or another, you will have to face some issues in your life.  There are insecurities, flaws, imperfections that we all have.  We are aware of them.  But they aren't always present, and we can hide them so deep that during the good times, you forget about them completely.  But as soon as the trouble comes, the pesky problems rear their ugly heads.  Sometimes you have enough strength to push them back down into their hiding place and act as if nothing happened.  Sometimes, you just don't have the strength to hide it anymore.

And so eventually, like it or not, you have to face the demons.  I had to face some insecurities about myself.  But the only way I knew to handle it was to take it to the Lord.  My strength was gone, but thankfully, in my weakness, He is strong!  I sat down and had a heart to heart.  Then I said...ok God, here are these insecurities....get 'em good!

As I prayed, I began to ask God "Why am I this?  Why am I that?" 

And with His still small voice he began to answer me.  "Who said you are this or that?  I never said that.  The enemy told you that, not me." 

"Well God, if that's not who I am, then why does this keep happening??"  I questioned.

"Your circumstances and situations don't define you. They propel you into who I want you to become.  You were made in MY image.  You are MY child.  You have your being in ME.  You can't listen to doubt, fear, and suspicion.  You can only listen to what my word says."

Well that dialoge gave me some strength, and I began to list what God's word says.  "Well God, your word says you aren't man that you should lie, but that you would keep every promise.  And your word says all God's promises have been fulfilled through Christ.  So what you have promised me  has already been done, and you already said it.  And you can't lie.  So you gotta do what you said.  And you said that you wouldn't withhold any good thing from your children.   God, you said this and that was good, and if it's good, you'll give it to me, and you can't lie....so it's gotta be mine, right?"

"Now you're getting it darling...."

Before I knew it, God and I had kicked those insecurities butts!  Now, I am foolish enough to think they will never come back?  Of course not, but I know what their scared of....and I have that word hidden in my heart, ready to pull it out anytime necessary!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Where? When? Here! Now!

The Hurt and The Healer...Collide!

The Next Chapter