Viewing God

I think I have a twisted view of God.  But I'm not sure I can help it because it's the view I have of Him.  And our view of others is due to experiences and perspectives, and how can you change those?

So the backstory....I've always been ok with Greenville.  I mean, I love to travel, and I know this town is kind of a dump, but I've always been satisfied here.  I've been content with being near my family, being involved in church, and having a good job.  But over the past few years, especially this year, I have become distant from the town and the things that use to make me feel content.  Now the thought of being here another year makes me want to curl up and cry. My job is frustrating, and the fulfillment I once had is quickly dying out.

I won't lie, a big part of all this frustration is my dating life.  I've never had a lot of boyfriends, but I've always been so busy and had so many guy friends, that I was ok.  But then the past 2 years I've dated two great guys that both felt I was the best girl in the world yet didn't want to spend the rest of their lives with me.  And so I'm thinking, "Will I ever find anyone here?"  And this aspect of my dating life, the fact that I'm 28 and not married with no potential while my High School students marry and have kids, is depressing. 

So needless to say, I'm frustrated with my job, my lack of a dating life, and my town.  And I'm ready for a change. I just feel like I'm to the point where I won't ever really be happy here.  Which leads me to the twisted view I have of God.  I'm so afraid that God won't let me go.  That I won't get a job somewhere else, that I'll be left to live my life alone.  I'm afraid that this is all God has for me. 

Which leads me to next problem...I know that I'm suppose to be content in whatever state I find myself, but how is that possible?  How can you feel content when you are miserable.  How can you feel content when you are lonely?  How can you feel content when you feel like your life is making no impact?  How can you feel content when you can't quench the natural God given urges within you?

So why do I feel this way?  Why do I feel like God doesn't want me to move somewhere else or get married when others do it all the time?  I don't know what shaped this view of God, but most importantly I don't know how to change it.  Because in my life, it's never happened.  The good never lasts.  The people I love leave me and move on, and I"m left here to deal.

I love God, and I know He has my best interest at heart...or at least that's what I say.  I can look back over the past and see that God has saved me from bad situations but for once...I don't want there to be a bad situation to be saved from...I just want a good situation to fall into.  I don't doubt that God will work great wonders, I just wonder how many of them will be in my life.

And I hate to seem so negative nancy.  I know that I've been blessed beyond measure.  I have a roof over my head, I have a family who loves me, and I know that God does love me and is my savior, although sometimes I mixed up about our relationship.  I just don't know how to change this perception...

Comments

i'm relating to so much of what you are going through right now. you, incidentally, are dealing with it better than i am. my view of god has changed so much from what it used to be. i am far from the perspective of riding the wave of blind faith while waving at the rainbows and unicorns. i struggle when things don't make sense, and that happens a lot. i struggle when i feel as though i have no control and nothing i can do with change it. in short...i feel ya.

Popular posts from this blog

The Hurt and The Healer...Collide!

No Greater Love

The Next Chapter