**Caution** Movie Spoiler!

I'm warning you in advance. If you don't want to know anything about the new movie The Break Up, do not read this post. You have been warned!

Tonight my friend, Science Guy, and I went to watch the new Jennifer Aniston, Vince Vaughn movie, The Break Up. The movie is hilarious. I'm talking about laugh at loud funny moments. I'm sitting in my seat thinking, who can I talk into coming and seeing this with me again tomorrow. I'm enjoying this movie that much.

Towards the end of the movie, I start getting really angry with Aniston's character, Brooke. For those of you who don't know what the movie's about, it is based solely on the break up of this couple (Brooke and Gary) and their fight over the condo they live in. As the movie begins to close, we come to the typical part of the movie where the guy realizes how big of a screw up he is. He sees the error of his ways and gives a heck of an apology. To which Brooke replies, "I don't feel the same way. I just don't have anything left to give."

WHAT! What do you mean you don't have anything left to give. This whole problem exists because you wanted him to change. Here he is actually changing and now you just don't feel the same way. Oh come on! So obviously, at this point in the movie, I am all but screaming at Brooke for being dumb. Science Guy is cracking up at me telling me to calm down. "They always get back together in the end."

So we get to the close of the movie. Both characters have gone their separate ways for a few months, and they run into each other on the street. This is the classic Romantic Comedy scene. Everyone in the theater (ok, so I may have been the only one) is holding their breath waiting for the kiss. Can you believe they talk and then walk away!! Then the credits begin to roll. The movie is over!! They stayed broken up!! Are you reading this!! They broke up! They never got back together.

Science Guy has to literally pull me out of my seat. I'm so upset. My reaction is, "They better make a sequel called The Make Up. You can't end such a great, funny movie like that. I am crushed. Now I see why Brad Pitt left Aniston for Angelina Jolie. Aniston's a moron!!!"

I always get into movies, so this is nothing new. What really got me in this movie was at the beginning of the movie, Aniston's character has a break down about how she wants her boyfriend to "want" her, to show interest in her. (See my last post for details.) So now I feel connected with Brooke. I know exactly what she wants. At the end, Gary realizes that he should appreciate Brooke and show her that he doesn't just need her, but that he wants her. When he tries to make up with Brooke, she doesn't want him. This is exactly what I want in life, what I need in life. When it comes will I just throw it away like Brooke did??

I'm watching the movie thinking, "How could Brooke walk away from such a sweet guy??" Yet I do this every day. I'm not dating anyone. It's not because I can't. There are sweet guys here, but I'm not interested in just a sweet guy. Yet I watch this movie and can't understand why she won't just give the sweet guy a chance. I do realize that this is just a movie and not real life, but what if it's more reality than we think?? What if I am the stupid girl?? What if I've thrown away good guys because I just didn't feel the same way and had nothing to give.

Please forgive me. The movie bummed me out, and it's late, but I'll be fine in the morning. Things are always better in the morning.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Next time view "An Inconvenient Truth" instead. It is a better use of money than. :)
Paperson said…
I have a vote for worst movie ending,"City of Angels" just thinking about that movie angers me.
P.S.
Please don't get all caught up with one of those stiff brits. You'll come back all prim and proper and that just wouldn't be right.

Popular posts from this blog

The Hurt and The Healer...Collide!

The Next Chapter

No Greater Love