More than Just Humor

My previous post was just a joke. However, today it seems to ring true. (not the part about God using magic!) God really doesn't play by any rules, or at least not our rules. He's got his own game plan going.

I find that walking with God is like playing a board game with a six year old. The little kid changes the rules to suit him. When you think it's your turn to roll the dice, the child decides all of sudden that he gets two extra rolls for no apparent reason. Then you get use to that rule change to realize that it doesn't apply anymore. So you're left feeling as if you have no control; you're just living play by play.

I'm not saying that this is bad. Obviously as a Christian I know that God's ways are always going to be better than my ways. Of course He created the world and has the authority to do whatever He please, whenever He pleases. I just feel impatient sometimes. I know that I'm doing a good thing where I am at and that I'm needed and wanted here. I'm content in my positions, and I really do love doing what I'm doing. Then sometimes my adventurous spirit pokes out it's head. I get that churning deep in my stomach (no not indigestion) to just breakaway and do something crazy.

I want to move away and live on my own. I want to have a thriving career and be the catalyst to make major changes. But although I'm ready to make the next move, God is saying, "No if you roll doubles twice in a row, you lose 5 turns." Huh??? That's a rule?? Since when??

I have several friends that beg me to move to their city, get a job and apartment. Part of me is dying to do it. However, I don't feel like I would really achieve anymore there than I am here. It may not make since for me to be where I'm at doing what I'm doing, but it seems this is where God has me at the moment. I'm not complaining or being weary in well doing. I just wished I knew when things were really going to change. When is that next stage in my life going to take place. ?

Comments

chantell said…
Oh, so totally relating here. :-)
Joseph said…
The "next phase in my life" comment is a completely relating issue with me as well!! By the way, great blog!!

Popular posts from this blog

The Hurt and The Healer...Collide!

The Next Chapter

No Greater Love