The Next Chapter

My pastor decided to resign this morning. Instead of forcing anyone to vote yes or no against the ministry, he resigned. Those of us in support of his ministry left the Greenville United Pentecostal Church and are starting a new work, Grace Apostolic Fellowship.

Our first service this morning was held at a local funeral home. After all the jokes about raising the dead, etc, we ended up having a great service with 97 people in attendance. We are believing God for a permanent home in the next 30 days.

I am sad to leave UPC. That church was a haven to me during a hard time in my life. I wouldn't be the person I am today without many of the people there. Numerous people invested in me, and I am grateful. I will never forget the love, friendships, and lessons I learned while a member there. I will not belittle my past with bitterness and act as if it means nothing to me. There will always be fond memories. My leadership began at that church, and I do not take it for granted.

There are many friends that still attend that church, and I will continue to be their friends. A difference in opinions doesn't destroy friendships. The majority of the people there have not done anything wrong towards me or my pastor, and even those that have, I have forgiven. I also ask for forgiveness because I would be lying if I felt that I was blameless.

I am ready to move on spiritually to whatever God may have in store for me. Thank you dear readers for bearing this burden with me. Thank you to all that have commented and prayed. This is the beginning of a new chapter in my life; join me if you will...

Comments

Alyssa said…
Im really excited about it..Iknow God is goin to do awesome things..Like u said i still love and pray for people at the other church even though i may have been hurt i forgive and still will be kind to these people...But anyways I love everyone...But on the other hand am really excited wat is goin to happen...i believe this is the best thing for us...and So ready to move and experience wat God has in store for us..
Anonymous said…
Yes, we did have a wonderful service this morning and a great turn out 97 people!! First service, not bad at all!! I can't wait to see what the Lord has in store for Grace Apostolic Fellowship, I love it!! I know he has a GREAT revival coming our way and yes thats right I believe in JESUS name that we will have a builidng in 30 Days!! Kim I love you and I am so glad that you have been there for me since day one!! Thanks for keeping me in your prayers, I know the Lord has a place for us somewhere. Whenever I see people from the UPC I won't be mean or anything I will love them unconditionally and still speak with them.. I pray for everyone in both churches!! I love you girl!! Keep it real..
Emily Rigney said…
Very well written my daughter. You have grown so much over the last 4 or 5 years in the Lord, and I am very proud of you. I like you want the very best for those at UPC, and pray that now that we have three Apostolic church's in Greenville, there is no reason for God's plan to reach all of the Delta not to succeed. This is a new beginning and let us all rejoice in it. Keep up the good work.

Mom
Anonymous said…
The end of the beginning. It's time to go to work. Viva la revolution.
DS
Anonymous said…
All I can say is "Peace," Peace is now in my spirit. And God has given rest to the weary.. How Great is Our God, who knows and sees all things.. How Great is His love for us.. When others hurt you God is there for comfort, and what a comfort He has been. Thanks to everyone for their unconditional love towards my family.. Ya' ll truly mean the world to us! To those who we had to leave behind, May God Bless You INDEED!! I pray God's Mercy and Grace over your lives, everyday. I have nothing , but love for you all.

May we all be joined again in Heaven! God Bless!

Love,
Ana Cantu
Anonymous said…
I love the Greenville UPC and those that are still there. Leaving yesterday was the hardest thing I have ever done in my life but without a doubt something that I had to do. I was there for 27 years. I played guitar for the last ten years in every service and closest of friends to everyone on that platform. Who would have ever guessed this would happen? I wish them well and hope they have a great revival.

Randall
Anonymous said…
after eating an entire bull,a lion felt so good he started roaring.he kept it up until a hunter came along and shot him.{moral}when you are full of bull keep your mouth shut. < me>
Anonymous said…
Good advice anonymous.Now try taking it.
David Wright said…
I would like to know happen at the church.I was raised there.I played for David Ellard when I was young.I know my life went in a another direction But I still consider it my church T/y David Wright

Popular posts from this blog

The Hurt and The Healer...Collide!

No Greater Love