Heavy Ignorance

Ignorance is bliss.  

I'm not exactly sure who first coined the phrase, most likely the poet Thomas Grey.  But I'm finding that it's a pretty accurate statement, at least lately.  

The less one knows, the less one stresses, the less worry, the less is required of her.  Sometimes I wish I didn't know all the things I know.  Sometimes I wish I didn't hear the rumors that I hear.  Sometimes I wish I wasn't privy to all the information about people that I know.

When you know things, you have to react.  At least I do.  I'm not one who sits by idly.  As hard as I wished I could at times, I can't.  Then when I can't change things, I get frustrated.  Life would be so much easier, if I could just tend to me and no one else.  I know that isn't how things work, and I know that no man is an island, but I think things would be a lot smoother.

I wished I didn't care sometimes.  I wish I could just turn my emotions off and not feel.  Sometimes feeling is just too much.  Carrying the weight of the world, or at least your personal world, is just a load too heavy.

Comments

dad said…
What does the bible say? take your burdens to the lord and leave them there. OR move back home(Naaaa!)

Popular posts from this blog

The Hurt and The Healer...Collide!

No Greater Love

The Next Chapter