We know. We Just Forget We Know.

My pastor bought me a cute, abridged version of "He's Just Not That Into You" while he and his wife were on vacation. It took me perhaps 20 minutes to go through it. I laughed, I cringed, and I sadly nodded my head in agreement on several occasions.

I read a few excepts out loud at lunch and my father said, "Why are you reading that? You already know all of it. You could write your own version." To which I had to reply, "I know that's what's sad. I know it, all women know it, and somebody made millions and even had it turned into a movie!"

What is it about us that we can know it for everyone else, but when it comes to ourselves, we can't see it?

But not to put all the blame on us, although girls should probably take most of the responsibility, why can't guys just say it? One excerpt read "A man would rather be trampled by elephants that are on fire than tell you he's just not that into you." Why can't they just come out and say it? Why do they string us along? And why, why, why do we let them?

The good thing for me, is that I never invest enough to doom my future. I know that I've hung on to some guys that were just not that into me, but thankfully I never cut myself off from the rest of the world or from my own goals and aspirations while I figured that out. Although I may have caused permanent wrinkles on my forehead from trying to figure out their latest scam. I'm in that state with Mr. Amazing, but again, I'm not putting anything in my life on hold for him either.

I do have hope though. And so do the authors of this book.

"The statistics are bleak. But don't use statistics to keep you down
or to keep you frightened. You can't do anything with these statistics
except scare yourself and your girlfriends. So I say 'F***
statistics.' It's your life -- how dare you not have faith in it!
The only story that has ever helped me live my life successfully is the story of
faith; I believe that life will turn out well. More fervently, I believe
that you have no other choice than to believe that."


What other choice do we have than to trust it will all work out!

Comments

dad said…
Romans 8:28 and 2 Corinthians 9:8... don't it scare you when I come up with a spiritual answer.

Popular posts from this blog

The Hurt and The Healer...Collide!

The Next Chapter

No Greater Love