CONQUERED!

Even though it's not in the same capacity as I originally planned, Unconquerable Boy has been conquered....once and for all!!

While visiting my friend and my beautiful nieces this past weekend, I landed face to face with unconquerable boy and his new girlfriend. It was a bit awkward because I felt like everyone was waiting for the blow up. Now I'll admit seeing them cuddling and making goo-goo eyes at each other was not entertaining, but I can honestly say that it didn't phase me.

I did introduce myself to her and shook her hand, and I did say "Hi, how are you?" in passing to him. Then I spent all New Year's day at his family's house watching bowl games. As soon as he left to take her to the airport for her return trip home, things seemed to go even smoother. The slight tension from everyone seemed to lift.

Many people were surprised at my calm reaction. I guess they were maybe expecting fireworks or a reenactment of Carrie Underwood's "Before He Cheats", but honestly it just didn't mean anything to me. When he came back home from the airport, I contributed to small talk in the living room. I even shared with him my stalker story. I wanted him to know that even though I'm not ready to be best friends again, I can be civil and sociable.

He really is conquered now. I don't understand him or his actions, but it doesn't matter anymore. My life is much more peaceful without the stress of trying to figure him out. Even though many people thought this weekend would be a rough way to begin the new year, I actually found it very liberating. I'm glad that it's finally over and done with! I'm ready for the new year!

Comments

Randall said…
OMG! I don't see how you can go into situations like that. I would just hide and pretend I never knew him.
the lizness said…
Good girl. Very proud of you! You have nothing to be ashamed of, and you kept your dignity. That's the way to show them up.
it is an accomplishment. remember the strength you feel on days when you don't feel so strong. it's hard, but this is a prime example that you can do it!
Anonymous said…
My back appreciates the end of this chapter. The tire marks were getting painful.
Kim said…
Oh...quit complainig...you enjoy being abused!

Popular posts from this blog

The Hurt and The Healer...Collide!

The Next Chapter

No Greater Love