15 Minutes....and 14 Seconds....

My brother invited a few people over last night to watch the Kimbo Slice fight.  I'm not a follower of UFC or MMA, but when I catch it on or see it live, I do find it interesting.  There has been huge publicity about Kimbo especially because of his YouTube fights, and so I decided to stay up and catch the fight with everyone else.  Kimbo's fight was the main event so we had to watch the other 2 hours of non-important people fight first.  My eyes were getting heavy but I had made it this long.  I had to see the action.  

2 hours for 14 seconds!  Yep, Kimbo got his tail kicked in 14 seconds.  Might I add that it was by some no name guy who was smaller than Kimbo and was picked last minute to fight him when his original opponent Shamrock was ineligible because of a cut over his eye.

Like I said, I don't know a lot about MMA fighting, but because Kimbo didn't even FIGHT BACK...the match was called and some Steve guy won by TKO.  Couldn't believe it.  Kimbo got his 15 minutes and now it's Steve's turn.

*****************

And it looks like Mr. Amazing may have had his 15 minutes on my blog as well.  He's kinda been a little shady lately.  No weekend is good to see him, his texts only come after I've texted him, and then this weekend...no word whatsoever.  I know he's stressed with school and that he doesn't have a lot of money to spare on visits but all he has to do is say so.  If he just can't deal with the long distance thing, then speak up.  

I guess it shouldn't surprise me...those things that seem too good to be true always are!  I do find that I have the worst luck when it comes to guys, and maybe I'll never learn my lesson.  But you can guarantee I have learned one thing from Unconquerable boy and that other one...I won't stick around for 2+ years keeping quiet and being some one's option.  Mr. Amazing has got a couple of more days of no communication (if I can contain myself that long) and then he's got some explaining to do.

I'm not mad and I'm certainly not going to be mean., but we need to shoot straight here.  We aren't "official' and I realize that, but one weekend you are saying how you can't wait to see me again and asking when the next available weekend is.  The next weekend you hardly say a word to me?  If there's someone else or you just want to keep it casual, then tell someone.  But I can't take the roller coaster ride again.  I must know where I stand in order to protect my heart....the part that hasn't already begun to break.

If things in deed go bad, hopefully my heartache will only have 15 minutes of fame as well....

Comments

junearose said…
Play hard to get. If he is interested he will persue you, if not...move on....there are plenty more fish in the sea....enjoy life....you only live once!
Randall said…
Somehow I think that the guy you end up with will play guitar and can sing really good. ;-)

Popular posts from this blog

The Hurt and The Healer...Collide!

No Greater Love

The Next Chapter